This rice milk is just as creamy and delicous Rice Dream, but for just pennies a glass!
- 1 cup brown rice powder
- 8 cups water
- 2 tsp ground Chia Seeds (Optional: they add fiber and thickens the milk.)
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBS sugar
- 8 additional cups of water to thin out rice base.
- Mix dry ingredients together, add water and oil, cream together with a blender
- Bring to a boil over med-low heat.
- Turn the heat down to med-low and allow mixture to simmer for at least 15 minutes ( I like to let it simmer for an hour, I think that it gives it a better flavor.)
You can either make the rice milk, or freeze the concentrate.
To make the rice milk:
- Pour 2 cups of rice milk base and 2 cups of water and blend.
- Repeat With the remaining mixture.
Rice Milk is good for two weeks in the refrigerator.
1 cup = 71 calories