Using Bean Flour in your favorite recipes is another great way to add a creamy texture, while increasing the protein and fiber in your favorite recipes.
You can buy bean flour at any Health Food Store, Gluten Free Store, or in the Health Food aisle at your favorite grocery store.
Or, you can just make it yourself...
How to make Bean Flour:
- Sort and grind beans in wheat mill.
- Store bean flour in freezer
Using Bean Flour:
- Use bean flour to thicken soups and gravies.
- May replace up to 1/4 of the total amount of flour in a recipe, without changing the flavor.
- Use bean flour to replace gluten or dough enhancer in your favorite bread recipe.
- To make three minute soup base use 1 part bean flour: 5 parts water. ( You will still need to add your seasonings, meat veggies, etc.)
- To make three minute re-fried beans use 1 part bean flour: 1 part water. Season to taste (Try salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and taco seasoning.)